They called for strengthening the relation between police and community people to free society from unsocial activities and viewed that close coordination between them could be effective means to curb crimes.
Manab Kolyan Parishad (MKP) and Chapainawabgonj District Integrated CPF jointly organized the meeting at Sadar Model Police Station today with main thrust to devise ways to intensify the CPF functions. USAID and the Asia Foundation supported the meeting.
Superintendent of Police Sazzadur Rahman addressed as the chief guest the meeting chaired by Officer-in-Charge of the Police Station Golam Mourtoza.
Pourasava Mayor Mawlana Abdul Matin, Sadar Upazila Chairman Ruhul Amin, Additional Superintended of Police Ariful Haque, MKP Deputy Project Manager Safiul Awal, District Coordinator Saiful Islam and Upazila Coordinators Rabiul Haque and Shahidul Islam also spoke on the occasion.
The Chief Guest said the CPF provides an opportunity for community members and local Police personnel to meet together in a collaborative process toward implementation of community policing.
- Abnormal price hike of essentials in Khulna
- Flood situation in B'putra basin likely to improve
- 4 killed in road accidents
- Santal Rebellion Day observed in Rajshahi
- News in brief
- Miscreants kill 2 in Netrakona
- One killed in Habiganj village clash
- Half day transport strike observed in Satkhira
- Student injured in attack by miscreants
- 2 commit suicide in Magura
- Mat weaving creating jobs for women
- Man chopped to death in Naogaon
- Man killed by brother over land dispute (648)
- Mango trading makes Rajshahi region's agro-based economy vibrant (636)
- Satkhira experiences 253 crimes in May (636)
- Father poisons kid son to death in Chuadanga (635)
- Dejected youth commits suicide in Rangpur (623)
- Workshop on malaria control held in Habiganj (620)
- Five Jessore chamber leaders sued over fraud (615)
- Two Bandarban unions off-limits to tourists (615)
- Three killed in road accidents (606)
- ICS-BCL face-off creates tense situation at RU (599)
- Char people change fate thru sweet potato cultivation (594)
- Money sanctioned for Modhumati bridge in Magura (589)