Magura fire guts seven shops

Dhaka,  Tue,  25 July 2017
Published : 13 Jul 2017, 10:31:11
printer

Magura fire guts seven shops

At least seven shops were gutted in a fire that broke out at a local bazar of Mohammadpur upazila sadar of Magura district early Thursday.

Magura fire service officer Moniruzzaman said the fire originated from an electric short circuit at a shop around 3:00am and soon engulfed the adjoining shops, reports UNB.

Five people were injured when they tried to put out the fire.

On information, fire fighters rushed in and brought the blaze under control. The goods worth about Tk 2.0 million (Tk 20 lakh) were reportedly gutted in the fire.

Meanwhile, Deputy Commissioner of Magura visited the spot.
ADDRESS
Editor : A.H.M Moazzem Hossain
Published by the Editor for International Publications Limited from Tropicana Tower (4th floor), 45, Topkhana Road, GPO Box : 2526 Dhaka- 1000 and printed by him from City Publishing House Ltd., 1 RK Mission Road, Dhaka-1000.
Telephone : PABX : 9553550 (Hunting), 9513814, 7172017 and 7172012 Fax : 880-2-9567049
Email : editor@thefinancialexpress-bd.com, fexpress68@gmail.com
Copyright © 2017. All rights reserved
Powered by : orangebdlogo
close