Noted homeopathic practitioners of the country have urged the United Nations Secretary General to declare April 10 as World Spiritual Health Day on the occasion of birthday of Dr Sammuel Hahnemann, inventor of homoeopathic system of medicine.
On behalf of the homeopathic doctors, Dr Md Fazlul Karim, Secretary (Education, Training and Research) Bangladesh Centre for Advanced Studies in Homeopathy (BCASH) in the city, in a letter sent to the UN Secretary General through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, called upon the world body to declare 10th April as World Spiritual Health Day and observe it every year.
Earlier the appeal was communicated to the UN through UNDP in Dhaka. Renowned homeopaths of other countries are learnt to have lent support to the proposal of Bangladesh in this regard.
- Snatchers murder man in Ctg
- Man murders sister for property
- Zaker Party meet held
- One in five adult women dies of cancer in Bangladesh: Study
- High-rise apartt bldg for SC judges by 2013
- Cabinet for waiving tax at source on artistes' income
- Judgment on March 21
- BGMEA, BPSU sign MoU on 'awareness raising on burn injury safety'
- Air Chief apprises President of his recent Sípore visit
- PM seeks Rotary Intíl support in education, health
- Uncertainty still looms large over relocation of chemical warehouses, factories (122)
- Poultry sector seeks ban on maize export (118)
- Plastic goods exporters going for high-value products (114)
- CHT sees 'rise in incidents of rights violation' (113)
- KMP identifies 128 polling centres in KCC very risky (111)
- Harvest continues, bumper maize production likely in N-region (111)
- Expanded biogas plants can help reduce chemical fertiliser uses (106)
- Gopalganj farmers swing to growing groundnut (100)
- 53 BNP men rearrested (98)
- Banglamoti rice gains popularity in Narsingdi (97)
- Inu for united resistance against communalism (96)
- Hasina will be chief of interim govt: AL (91)