They termed violence against women as the most fundamental violation of human rights and said the society must be freed from this curse to attain the expected goal.
Radio Padma, a partner broadcasting organization of Center for Communication and Development (CCD), organized the seminar titled "Cost of Violence against Women: An initiative of CARE Bangladesh" at the conference hall of Rajshahi Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Prof Zinatun Nessa Talukder, MP, addressing the seminar as the chief guest, stressed the need for preventing violence against women through changing behavior relating to gender norms and practices.
She emphasized the need for determining the social and economic cost of violence against women to individuals, families, communities as well as the state and development agendas.
- Two brick kilns vitiating Sirajganj school area
- One killed in Sylhet clash
- Schoolboy found dead in Jhenidah
- Three killed in Sirajganj road accident
- Kushiara river devours 16 shops
- Public sector power generation overtaken by private in WZ
- KCC Utsab from Jan 25
- Bumper mustard yield in Gopalganj on cards
- Natore NGO operative commits suicide
- Satkhira Medical College opens
- Boro paddy cultivation begins in Gaibandha
- Body of a housewife recovered in Sherpur
- News in brief
- Swedish riots spread beyond capital, ease in Stockholm (100)
- Azizur Rahman: A legendary writer (91)
- An effective methodology of employing 21st century skills (86)
- news digest (85)
- US move to scrap GSP unfair, discriminatory, says Muhith (83)
- Xpress Money vows to 'operate from anywhere to everywhere' (81)
- UK fighters escort Pakistani plane to airport, two arrested (80)
- 28 dead in Lebanon Sunni-Alawite clashes (78)
- Africa celebrates progress and 50 years of 'unity' (77)
- SME banking to spur financial inclusion drive (76)
- 12 dead as Philippine troops clash with militants (75)
- 18-party daylong hartal today (64)