COLOMBO: England's Alastair Cook plays a shot during the second day of the second and final Test match against Sri Lanka here Wednesday. — AFP Photo
Cambodia's government denies that it deploys soldiers at the millenium-old Preah Vihear temple - seeking to avoid the impression it would deliberately put the site in danger or use it as a shield - and has accused Thailand of seriously damaging the complex in an artillery barrage.
However, reporters who have reached the temple have found hundreds of soldiers bunkered there.
- Rain disrupts city life Two electrocuted (102)
- Five climbers feared dead on Everest (95)
- Manmohan pledges to clean up defence sector (92)
- Italy's non-EU exports dip, clouding recovery (92)
- Spain's borrowing costs creep higher (89)
- EU accepts deal with Air Canada, United, Lufthansa (82)
- Bomb kills 12 in Pakistan (79)
- Govt moves to bring body of Sajal home (77)
- Ford to halt car production in Australia in 2016 (75)
- Lithuania approves growing hemp for textiles (75)
- World becoming dangerous place for refugees, migrants: Amnesty International (74)
- Minimum wages for RMG workers (74)