Stopping violence against women has become an urgent need for freeing the society from the great loss together with achieving peace and prosperity in the society and nation.
South Asia Partnership (SAP) Bangladesh and CARE Bangladesh jointly organized the meeting titled "Cost of Violence against Women" at Gender Development Resource Center under the program of mass campaign of developed toolkit at district institutional level.
The speakers termed the violence against women as a major violation of human rights and said the society must be freed from this curse to attain the expected goal.
In her keynote speech, Senior Coordinator of SAP Bangladesh Rokhsana Begum emphasized the need for depicting the matter relating to the financial loss caused due to violence against women.
With President of Rajshahi Press Club Anwarul Alam Fatik in the chair, Deputy Director of Department of Secondary and Higher Education Tarun Kumar Sarker, Project Coordinator of Legal Aid Advocate Sayeed Ahmed Kabir, Divisional Coordinator of Prip Trust Saiduzzaman Shipon and Coordinator of Barendra Unnayan Prochesta Rashed Ebney Obayed spoke at the discussion session.
The speakers stressed the need for preventing violence against women through changing behavior relating to gender norms and practices.
- Two motorcyclists killed in Sirajganj road accident
- Man gets life for killing wife in Kurigram
- RU students lock Agri Faculty gate
- 10 injured in Sylhet villagers clash
- News in brief
- RCT can increase agri-output at reduced cost: Experts
- Farmers Field Day observed in Gopalganj
- Fertiliser godowns inadequate in Rangpur
- 3 'robbers' killed in gunfight with RAB in Noakhali
- Nadal, Serena set out stall for French Open (90)
- PM for judicious settlement of global water disputes (85)
- Speed of internet and VoIP (80)
- National budget vis-a-vis local budget (74)
- news digest (74)
- 20 RMG units at Ashulia shut production (73)
- Inadequate bank loan for private sector (72)
- Toll collection over phone (72)
- When will India redeem its pledge? (71)
- Bumper production, lucrative price making litchi growers happy (70)
- I can only play for Barca: Messi (65)
- Loss of agricultural land (61)