The third meeting of Pubali Bank Shariah Council was held at its head office in the city Sunday reviewing the overall present situation of the Islamic Banking.
The bank is providing Islamic banking services at its Principal Branch in Dhaka and Stadium Branch in Sylhet on the basis of Islamic Shariah, according to a press release.
Chaired by bank's Shariah Council Chairman M Azizul Huq, the meeting was attended, among others, by Pubali Bank directors Ahmed Shafi Chowdhury and Kabiruzzaman Yakub, Managing Director Helal Ahmed Chowdhury, Islamic Economist Prof M Muzahidul Islam, Faqih Members Prof M Mansurur Rahman, Abdullah Bin Sayeed Jalabadi and Md Mukhlesur Rahman, and head of Islamic Banking Wing Abdul Gofran.
Planning for expansion and growth of Islamic banking was discussed in the meeting.
The meeting also reviewed the overall performance of Islamic banking in the bank and expressed high satisfaction on growth of Islamic banking.
- UCB vows to be more united, more competent
- Prospect of increased footwear export to Japan bright
- Dhaka Bank holds EGM
- EU ministers to okay Ireland's euro 85 billion bailout
- Prime Bank participates in BB's SME Fair
- BP sells 60pc stake in Pan American Energy to Bridas Corp for $7.1b
- New DMD of BDBL
- IPO diary
- Life sentence for Rana Plaza factory owners recommended (76)
- DAP revision, finally (76)
- Syria opposition urges rebels to join Qusayr battle (74)
- Tangail Boro farmers worried over price situation (71)
- news digest (70)
- news digest (68)
- Six promoted to Deputy Attorney Generals (67)
- Four Savar RMG units closed sine die (63)
- Chinese PM pledges stronger partnership with Pakistan (62)
- Thai army chief urges self-imposed curfew for teachers (61)
- Social media coming under watch (52)
- Closed RMG units reopen today (44)