Manhunt widened for Barcelona attacker

Dhaka,  Tue,  26 September 2017
Published : 21 Aug 2017, 14:21:50
printer

Barcelona attacks: Hunt for key suspect extended across Europe

The hunt for the driver who killed 13 people in last week's attack in Barcelona has been extended across Europe, Catalan officials said on Monday.

Police say they have now confirmed the driver's identity, but would not reveal his name, reports BBC.

But Catalan official Joaquim Forn told local radio: "Everything suggests the van driver is Younes Abouyaaqoub".

Authorities say they cannot rule out the possibility that he has slipped across the border to France.

Islamic State has claimed responsibility for the attack, in which a van travelling at high-speed drove through crowds of tourists and local people walking along Las Ramblas, leaving a trail of dead and 120 injured from 34 countries; according to Reuters.
ADDRESS
Editor : A.H.M Moazzem Hossain
Published by the Editor for International Publications Limited from Tropicana Tower (4th floor), 45, Topkhana Road, GPO Box : 2526 Dhaka- 1000 and printed by him from City Publishing House Ltd., 1 RK Mission Road, Dhaka-1000.
Telephone : PABX : 9553550 (Hunting), 9513814, 7172017 and 7172012 Fax : 880-2-9567049
Email : editor@thefinancialexpress-bd.com, fexpress68@gmail.com
Copyright © 2017. All rights reserved
Powered by : orangebdlogo
close