Academic activities at 400 Bogra pry schools make no headway in absence of headmasters

Dhaka,  Thu,  21 September 2017
Published : 03 Aug 2017, 21:01:21
printer

Academic activities at 400 Bogra pry schools make no headway in absence of headmasters

Our Correspondent

BOGRA, Aug 03: Academic activities in more than 400 government primary schools make no headway in absence of permanent headmasters across Bogra district for a long time.

Due to negligence of the authority concerned, 65 per cent of the headmasters, to be appointed through promotion from senior teachers, and the remaining 35 per cent to be appointed directly, remained stopped disrupting the proper education. Various complexities in the promotion system and a lack of initiative for direct appointment are to be blamed for the situation, said district education office.

To run the academic activities smoothly, some assistant teachers of different schools are performing as headmasters in-charge, said acting headmaster Rashidul Islam under Dupchanchia upazila. But, they have extra work to do and can't take the classes properly, he added.

Acting headmaster of Sherpur Government Primary School said, "We are teaching around 400 students from class one to eight with the assistance of four teachers against the seven posts including the headmaster. Often I have to remain outside of the school for programmes in upazila and district offices. Then our three assistant teachers find it difficult to manage all the classes'', he added.

Abdul Bari, acting headmaster of Government Primary School in Kahaloo upazila and leader of Government Primary School Teachers' Association, said only five teachers are working there, while seven teachers are required to properly cater to the needs of 350 students.

A class one student Mizanur Rahman of Utholy Government Primary School said their classes are not being held regularly due to shortage of teachers. He also said shortage of headmasters is causing setback to education of thousands of students.

Azizul Haque, president of Borai government primary school said it is the failure of the authority concerned to provide required number of headmasters timely. They should take effective steps to appoint headmasters against the vacant posts from BCS non-cadre as soon as possible, he added.

Hossain Ali, District Primary Education Officer said we have sent letters on the issue several times to the higher authorities and we are waiting for results. If the government appoints headmasters from BCS non-cadre the authority concerned will get qualified headmasters, he added.

    emdadul2015@gmail.com
ADDRESS
Editor : A.H.M Moazzem Hossain
Published by the Editor for International Publications Limited from Tropicana Tower (4th floor), 45, Topkhana Road, GPO Box : 2526 Dhaka- 1000 and printed by him from City Publishing House Ltd., 1 RK Mission Road, Dhaka-1000.
Telephone : PABX : 9553550 (Hunting), 9513814, 7172017 and 7172012 Fax : 880-2-9567049
Email : editor@thefinancialexpress-bd.com, fexpress68@gmail.com
Copyright © 2017. All rights reserved
Powered by : orangebdlogo
close