Two electrocuted in Ctg amid heavy rainfall

Dhaka,  Mon,  24 July 2017
Published : 12 Jun 2017, 14:14:37
printer

Two die from electrocution in Chittagong amid heavy downpours

A man and a child were electrocuted and died by submerged wire in Chittagong amid heavy downpours on Monday, another was injured severely.

Due to heavy rains, electric wires got torn and fell on the road.

One of the deceased tried to remove the wire and another failed to notice them as the wires were submerged by rainwater.

Rabiul Karim, 40 and his wife Roksera Begum, 30 were electrocuted at Chawkbazar Thana on Monday morning. They were both taken to the hospital where Rabiul died, reports bdnews24.com.

The child was identified as Raju, 12, who was electrocuted at Rampura, Halishahar.

Naik Mohammad Amir of Chittagong Medical College Hospital outpost said Rabiul was electrocuted when he tried to remove an electric wire in front of his house at Badartala, Halishahar.

Wife Roksera was electrocuted when she tried to help her husband. Local people sent them to the hospital where doctors announced Rabiul dead.

“Raju was electrocuted when he was playing at Rampura, Halisharar,” said Naik Amir. When he was brought to hospital, the doctors announced him dead.

The roads at several cities of Bangladesh are becoming risky due to stormy weather and heavy rain due to a low-pressure system developing in the northern Bay of Bengal.
ADDRESS
Editor : A.H.M Moazzem Hossain
Published by the Editor for International Publications Limited from Tropicana Tower (4th floor), 45, Topkhana Road, GPO Box : 2526 Dhaka- 1000 and printed by him from City Publishing House Ltd., 1 RK Mission Road, Dhaka-1000.
Telephone : PABX : 9553550 (Hunting), 9513814, 7172017 and 7172012 Fax : 880-2-9567049
Email : editor@thefinancialexpress-bd.com, fexpress68@gmail.com
Copyright © 2017. All rights reserved
Powered by : orangebdlogo
close