Indictment order against four Moulvibazar men on May 7

Dhaka,  Mon,  01 May 2017
Published : 17 Apr 2017, 17:50:34 | Updated : 17 Apr 2017, 17:52:45
printer
Crimes against humanity

Indictment order against four Moulvibazar men on May 7

A tribunal has set May 7 to frame charges against four war crimes suspects from Moulvibazar for their atrocities they committed during the Liberation War in 1971, report agencies.

Prosecutor Syed Sayedul Haque Sumon said, “Today (Monday) was fixed for passing the order. But the Justice Anwarul Haque, chairman of the two-member panel of the

International Crimes Tribunal (ICT)-1 shifted the date as a member of tribunal was absent today.”

The four accused are Akmal Ali Talukder, Abdun Noor Talukder, Anis Miah and Mosabbir Miah. Of the four, only Talukder is behind the bar.

Earlier on February 28, hearings on indictment ended.

“We have pleaded for framing two charges against them, one for killing 59 people and another for raping six women,” the prosecutor added.

The investigation officer has recorded testimony of 23 people. Of which, most are either victims or eyewitnesses,” the prosecutor said.

The prosecution had submitted formal charge in the case on May 30, 2016, and on June 26 the tribunal took the charges into cognizance.

-Enam
ADDRESS
Editor : A.H.M Moazzem Hossain
Published by the Editor for International Publications Limited from Tropicana Tower (4th floor), 45, Topkhana Road, GPO Box : 2526 Dhaka- 1000 and printed by him from City Publishing House Ltd., 1 RK Mission Road, Dhaka-1000.
Telephone : PABX : 9553550 (Hunting), 9513814, 7172017 and 7172012 Fax : 880-2-9567049
Email : editor@thefinancialexpress-bd.com, fexpress68@gmail.com
Copyright © 2017. All rights reserved
Powered by : orangebdlogo
close