|Published : 17 Oct 2016, 10:39:09|
Elephant ‘electrocuted’ in Sherpur
A wild elephant reportedly died after getting electrocuted in a trap at Tawakucha village in Jhinaigati upazila of Sherpur district on Monday.
MD Ashraful Alam, Tawakucha beat officer of the Forest Department, said the elephant died around 4:30am.
The reason behind death could not be ascertained.
The elephant might have been died being trapped in an electric trap.
Earlier on October 1 last, an elephant was found dead in a paddy field in Panbor area of the village.
Meanwhile, nine people have been killed in separate elephant attacks in the upazila in last one and half month.
Recently, locals started using electric traps to prevent the straying of wild elephants into their habitation, according to a news agency report.