|Published : 13 Oct 2016, 12:53:01|
CEPZ towel factory catches fire
A fire broke out at the towel factory at Chittagong Export Processing Zone (CEPZ) early Thursday.
Fire Service officials said the fire broke out at the roof of the tin-shed room of a four-storey factory building of ‘Mitali Textile Ltd’ around 5:00am and spread soon.
On information, two firefighting units from Agrabad Fire Station rushed in and doused the flame after a half an hour of frantic effort, said Jashim Uddin, deputy assistant director of Chittagong Fire Service.
The fire might have originated from any burning biri or cigarette at the godown of the factory, he said.
However, none was injured in the incident.
The extent of losses caused by the fire was said to be around Tk 0.5 million (5 lakh); according to a news agency.