|Published : 23 Sep 2016, 09:38:51|
College girl electrocuted in Lakshmipur
A college student died from electrocution at her maternal grandfather’s house at East Aladadpur village in Lakshmipur Sadar upazila on Thursday afternoon.
The deceased Shamima Sultana Sufti was a 1st year student of Chandraganj Kafil Uddin Degree College and daughter of Shahadat Hossain Khokan of Basudouhita village in Sadar upazila.
Locals and police said Shamima had been missing for a while after returning home from college. Later, she was found electrocuted in the bathroom of her room.
Relatives rescued and rushed her to Chandraganj National Hospital where doctor declared her dead.
Acting officer-in-charge of Chandraganj Police Station Abdul Aziz confirmed the incident to a news agency.