Four of a family burnt in Old Dhaka fire

Dhaka,  Monday,   2016-09-22
Published : 22 Sep 2016, 22:31:13

Four of a family burnt in Old Dhaka fire

A couple and their two minor daughters have been hospitalised with burn injuries after their home in Dhaka caught fire.

Police said the fire at the house in Posta neighbourhood of Old Dhaka caught fire around 3am on Wednesday.

"We suspect an electrical malfunction caused the fire," said Chawkbazar Zone police's Assistant Commissioner Kaniz Fatema.

Locals rushed 27-year-old Rezaul Karim, his wife 'Rani,' 22, and their daughters, 3-year-old 'Ankia' and 2-year-old Sanzida Jui to the Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) early in the morning.

Quoting doctors, DMCH outpost's Sub Inspector Bachchu Mia said Karim suffered 14 per cent burns while his wife 26 per cent.

Their daughter Anika has 26 per cent burns and 2-year-old Jui suffered 47 per cent burns, according to bdnews24.com. -bz

 
ADDRESS
Editor : A.H.M Moazzem Hossain
Published by the Editor for International Publications Limited from Tropicana Tower (4th floor), 45, Topkhana Road, GPO Box : 2526 Dhaka- 1000 and printed by him from City Publishing House Ltd., 1 RK Mission Road, Dhaka-1000.
Telephone : PABX : 9553550 (Hunting), 9513814, 7172017 and 7172012 Fax : 880-2-9567049
Email : editor@thefinancialexpress-bd.com, fexpress68@gmail.com
Copyright © 2016. All rights reserved
Powered by : orangebdlogo
close